Well, it's one but it's an important one. There are so many NHL players being re-assigned to their junnior teams or to the team's farm team. That makes another notch in the 'Why yes you should watch AHL games and follow them and care about the AHL boys' list of doom.
Here are a few teams that have been making the moves:
- Blues send Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko and others to their farm team in Peoria.
- The Stars sent twenty-six players to their farm team, the Texas Stars.
- Kings sent Jordan Nolan with fifteen others to the farm team in Manchester.
- Capitals sent a ton of guys to the AHL, well, 21 guys to be exact.
- The Bruins sent a few players back to their junior team and then the rest were assigned to their farm team in Providence.
- The Jets sent Alexander Burmistrov to their farm team and Mark Scheifele to his junior team in Barrie.
- Edmonton's farm team in Oklahoma City is stacked with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Jordan Eberle joinng their already impressive ranks.
- The same could be said about New Jersey's current AHL line-up with the additions of Adam Larsson and Adam Henrique.
- Coyotes sent a bunch of players to their new farm team affiliate in Portland.
- The Maple Leafs sent 22 players to their farm team, including Jake Gardiner and Nazem Kadri.
- Canadiens also sent a bunch of players to their AHL team.
- And other dudes that we forgot to mention that have been sent to their team's AHL affiliate.